If you're looking for ideas to surprise that special someone for Valentine's Day, or just need some inspiration to help spark your creative side, look no further! We've got some great suggestions of things to do in the Salida area to help you make this a V-Day to remember!
1. The Royal Gorge Train Ride invites you to ride and dine for an unforgettable Valentine's Day. This unique experience offers the most incredible views of the historic Royal Gorge, paired with a very special three-course lunch or dinner. Being served by their professional staff made-from-scratch delicious food, and sipping your favorite wine, micro brew or cocktail with your favorite person, you and your Valentine will not leave The Royal Gorge disappointed.
2. S Mountain (AKA Tenderfoot Mountain) sits right at the base of downtown Salida, making its location convenient and super easy to access the trails, the river and even a bite to eat before or after you hit the mountain. With some of the best trails for hikers and bikers of all ages and skill level, this is an ideal spot for couples who love to get their heart pumping without having to trek too far from the city. With some of the most romantic views of all the surrounding snow capped peaks, you're sure to snap the most special V-Day selfie. Don't forget to check out S Mountain at night to see the special heart of lights! You can find more info about the trail system at Salida Mountain Trails website.
3. Mt. Princeton Hot Springs Resort boasts picture perfect views of the surrounding mountains while offering a top notch resort experience. For those of you seeking a relaxing and romantic getaway, Mt. Princeton is hard to beat! This Valentine's Day they're offering some packages that will make any heart flutter. The Cupid's Picnic Special includes a 90 minute private soak for 2, bottle of wine of your choice and sweets or cheese platter. They're also offering a three course Valentine's Day Dinner . Perfect for a stress free way to enjoy delicious dining at a reasonable price. Make sure you get your dinner reservations in soon!
4. Monarch Mountain is one of the best winter attractions in Chaffee county, and has more than enough to choose from for those looking for a fun and exciting V-Day. Whether you are into hitting the slopes to tube, ski, board, or book a guided snow mobile tour there's no doubt that Monarch Mountain is where it's at. You can bet that you and your Valentine will find the adventure you seek on these slopes!
5. Vino Salida Wine Cellars is a perfect place to celebrate your love for wine, and each other! With wine tasting and tours, wine bar, Charcuterie plates, live music, non-alcoholic beverages, patio games, private parties, special events and much more, you and your loved one will have no problem enjoying all the good Valentine's Day vibes, in the perfect setting, with some of the best wine Salida has to offer!
Stay with us at the Blue Coyote Ranch this Valentine's Day and enjoy some special add ons we're offering!
(Offers available on our website at checkout)
Valentine's Bouquet $75
(Available 2/9 - 2/15) Forget the grocery store roses! Give a totally unique seasonal bouquet to show your honey you planned ahead. Phytology Flowers will deliver a unique bouquet to your babe on your check-in day! (Note: The bouquet pictured is not the exact bouquet you will receive.)
Valentine's Dessert Board $45
(Available 2/9 - 2/15) Surprise them with an amazing assortment of desserts, made fresh by our favorite local baker, Blush & Blue. The board will include chocolate covered strawberries, mini cheesecake bites, brownies, and Valentine's s'mores. (Note: The board pictured is not the exact board you will receive.)
$100 Restaurant Gift Card for $90
Nothing says I love you like a perfect steak from Salida's favorite restaurant, Currents. Currents also has great seafood and comfort food options.
6 SEASONAL CUPCAKES
Half a dozen seasonal cupcakes from local baker Blush & Blue. Cupcakes are delivered to your rental unit between 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm.
$50 GIFT CARD
Treat someone to a stay at
Blue Coyote Ranch! Purchase multiple cards for larger amounts, or email email@example.com for custom amount.